Sinus surgery is not as simple as just removing your sinus problem and then it’s all done and dusted. What you need to do after sinus surgery is to follow a post-operative care regime which includes a lot of rest, relaxation, proper diet and home remedies. The reason why you need to follow a post-operative care regime is because it helps your body to heal, it also prevents infections and helps to reduce pain.

A normal diet is also very important to follow after sinus surgery. It is very important to avoid foods that are high in fats, carbohydrates, salt and sugar. It is very important to stick to a normal diet that includes a lot of vegetables and fruits. If you are going to eat something, then make sure that it’s healthy. You should also drink plenty of water and try to avoid alcohol and smoking. If you also don’t know much about the food you should eat after the sinus surgery, then worry no more, and read the article till full length. We have some best sinus surgery recovery tips for you and what to eat after sinus surgery?

Best food to eat after sinus surgery

We have described above that diet plays a crucial role in the recovery of sinus surgery so its important to know what to eat after sinus surgery. A balanced and properly chosen diet can align your pathways of recovery. On the other hand, an unbalanced diet can hinder the recovery process. In short, recovery from sinus surgery is not a big deal if you choose the right food. Following are some best foods to eat after sinus surgery.

Soft food

It is recommended to avoid hard food after sinus surgery because chewing the hard food puts pressure on the nose and jaws. And it can affect the healing of surgery wound, and eventually, healing will be prolonged. So, one should eat soft food for 3-4 weeks of surgery for fast recovery.

Fresh fruits and vegetables

There are no alternatives to fresh fruits and vegetables. They have the potential healing power; doctors recommend fresh fruits and vegetables in almost all surgeries. Fresh fruits and vegetables play a crucial role in the recovery of sinus surgery. Most of the fresh fruits are soft, and you can take them after the surgery. However, avoid eating hard textured fruits.

Anti-inflammatory food

Anti-inflammatory food strengthens the immune system and helps in lowering inflammation. Lower inflammation means faster recovery. Anti-inflammatory food also assists in wound healing by accelerating the healing of surgery wounds. Anti-inflammatory food is the best food after the sinus surgery. Anti-inflammatory food includes fatty fish, olive oil, avocado, tomato, grapes, etc.

Anxiety relieving healthy food

Whoever goes to the doctor for sinuplasty recovery tips, clinicians always mention the importance of a balanced diet. A balanced diet includes fresh fruits, vegetables, and other nutrients. These nutrients not only help in relieving the anxiety after the surgery but also activate the immune system. A balanced diet boosts the defense system of the body and accelerates the wound healing process.

How long does it take to recover from the sinus surgery?

We have described above that sinus surgery is a minor surgery. It does not involve any bigger cut or complex process; however, the post-operative care decides the healing time. Ideally, if the patient follows sinuplasty recovery tips properly, eats a proper diet, and takes medication, then there are chances of complete recovery in 3-4 weeks.

But those who ignore the post-operative care and take a sinus diet casually face the prolonged recovery diet. An unbalanced diet and eating of inflammatory food cause severe inflammation of the surgery site and make things even more complicated. In short, care and especially the sinus diet has crucial importance so make sure to add the above-mentioned food into your diet if you want a speedy recovery.

Bottom line

It is said that surgery is itself not difficult, post-operative care is difficult. Surgery account for 30% of the total procedure. 20% is the preoperative procedure, and 50% is post-operative care. Post-surgery care plays a crucial role in recovery in almost all surgeries. Sinus surgery involves a cut in the Oro-nasal cavity, so in the case of sinus surgery diet, is the crucial part of post-operative care. Because chewing food can put tension and force on the surgery wound. Improper selection or the section of the hard food can obstruct the normal healing process, so it is crucial to know what to eat after sinus surgery.

Recommended Articles

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.